There’s no better time than spring for your family to get outdoors and enjoy some fun activities together. From growing a garden to exploring nature, here are 10 healthy springtime activities the whole family can enjoy!
- Plant a Garden – Gardening is a great way for kids to learn about the natural world while having fun! It’s also an easy spring activity that everyone in the family can participate in.
- Go Bird Watching – Springtime is when migratory birds come back to their summer habitats. Pack up your binoculars and head outdoors as a family to spot different species of birds in your area.
- Take a Nature Hike – Get inspired by spring by taking a hike through a local park or nature reserve. Look for signs of spring like wildflowers, baby animals, and other critters.
- Have a Picnic – Pack up your favorite spring snacks and have a picnic outdoors! Pick a spot with lots of green grass and take in the spring sunshine as you enjoy some quality family time outdoors.
- Visit the Farmers Market – Head to your local farmers market to pick out fresh ingredients for dinner or healthy springtime snacks. Kids can help pick out seasonal fruits and vegetables while learning about where their food comes from.
- Go on a Bike Ride – Take advantage of the warmer weather and explore your neighborhood by bike! Whether you’re riding around town or going off-road, biking is a great springtime activity for the whole family.
- Have a Scavenger Hunt – Create your own spring-themed scavenger hunt! Set up an outdoor course and make a list of items to find like spring flowers, pinecones, and other seasonal objects.
- Visit a Farm – Visit a nearby farm or petting zoo for some spring fun with animals! Kids can learn about where their food comes from while having fun feeding and petting the animals.
- Play Outdoor Games – Get the family moving by playing classic outdoor games like tag, capture the flag, kickball, or frisbee golf.
- Enjoy Some Stargazing – On clear nights in spring, head outside with a blanket and look up at the stars! Kids can learn about constellations while spending time as a family.
There are so many fun springtime activities to enjoy, and these are just a few! Get outside with your family this spring and make lasting memories together. No matter what springtime activity you choose, getting outdoors is the perfect way to reconnect with nature and enjoy some quality family time. So grab your sunscreen, water bottles, and hats, and get ready for an adventure!